06 March 2008

Observations from a hotel in Vernal

I'm in the middle of a 2 week trip to Vernal. Not the most exciting place but I have plenty of time to think. This trip I made the decision to not turn on the TV at all. I got caught up on a lot of articles I downloaded. Came across this one Digital Sabbath that I am going to give a try. I admit to being an obsessive freak when it comes to emails and cellphones. Anyway, while here in Vernal I did a lot of walking. I noticed on about 2 dozen occasions that people leave their vehicles running and unoccupied while at the bank, store, gas station etc. I guess people are very trusting in a small community. I also observed car after car pulling in front of my hotel room window using the free Wifi to check email. I also got caught up on some Scripture study. I had planned on attending the Temple but just my luck it was closed for cleaning. Tomorrow I'm off to the thriving town of Lapoint then home for the big move on Saturday. Prom shoot Saturday night. Back in Vernal Monday. Life in the fast lane for the Fig. Can't wait to walk in the door tomorrow night and spend some quality time with Kel and Ari. A week is to long....how on earth did I do it for 2 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I share a lot of the same qualities that you have. I once walked for miles in Albany NY, because I had nothing else to do. I don't mind being alone and I'm pretty self sufficient, but there's nothing better than being at home with the family. keep up the good work.